Tom Browning Boys & Girls Club
With our support, Club members are better prepared for future success as they become tomorrow leaders.
Founded in 1952, the Tom Browning Boys & Girls Club is a youth guidance non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the educational, vocational, health, leadership and character development of boys and girls in a safe nurturing environment. Today, the boys & girls club has over 1,500 active members who make more than 50,000 visits to the center annually. We offer after school activites for children ages 5-15. We also offer 3 sports programs all free of charge. Basketball, Baseball and Soccer.
Thomas Chenault Browning died in an automobile accident in 1951 at the age of 17. His father, John N. Browning, President of Browning manufacturing company started the Tom Browning Boys and Girls Club in the memory and dedicated The Club on October 23, 1952. In 1988 The Boys Club became The Tom Browning Boys and Girls Club. In 1997, The Club moved from its orginal location in Downtown Maysville to its present home on Maple Leaf Road.